GE offers a great work environment and challenging careers. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer for all, including minorities, women, protected veterans and disabled. As a Medical Image Analysis Scientist, you will develop computer vision and image understanding algorithms that enable automated interpretation and information extraction from medical images. You will conduct research on real-world commercial healthcare applications and translate innovative ideas and algorithms to prototype software and solutions.
As a Medical Image Analysis Scientist, you will:
- Develop software algorithms and tools for analysis and interpretation of medical image data.
- You will develop and implement prototypes and solutions and demonstrate applications to real world problems by quick prototyping and validation.
- Invent and develop algorithms for feature extraction, classification, detection, and quantification.
- Leverage imaging physics to enhance algorithmic performance.
- Develop clinical collaborations for external validation of algorithms.
- Employ software libraries, tools, practices to implement efficient, scalable, and reusable solutions.
- Effectively communicate results by preparing written reports and making presentations.
- Create intellectual property by writing invention disclosures and filing patents.
- Doctorate degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or related fields with a focus on Medical Image Analysis.
- Hands-on experience in 3D Medical Image Analysis and experience building software solutions implementing image analysis algorithms.
- Solid publication record in peer-reviewed journals and conferences in computer vision, image processing, medical imaging and relevant application fields.
- Strong understanding of the image formation chain for medical and biomedical imaging devices such as CT, MR, Ultrasound, and microscopy platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to write C++ code both for quick demonstration of ideas and robust, efficient, scaled-up software systems.
- Candidate must be willing to travel a minimum of 2 weeks per year.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals at the Masters level for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Must be willing to work out of an office located in Niskayuna, NY.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- You must submit your application for employment on the careers page atwww.gecareers.com to be considered.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
- Demonstrated expertise in computer vision as applied to real-world medical imaging applications.
- Experience developing algorithms and building solutions in fields such as medical image segmentation, registration, tracking, feature extraction, detection, and classification.
- Exceptional C++ Skills. Experience with ITK, VTK, or any large-scale C++ library. Experience with Python.
- Post-doctoral or industrial experience inventing and developing computer vision or medical image analysis algorithm.
- Team player with effective written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work across all functions/levels as part of a team.
- Experience in writing proposals for government and/or external funded research.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This position is eligible for The Employee Referral Program.