The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is seeking applications for a full-time Post-Doctoral Fellow (P98183) position in the Emerging Analytics Center (EAC). This is a grant funded position and is contingent upon continued funding.
The EAC is focused on providing insight into complex data through visualization, virtual reality, and advanced interfaces. EAC is a state-of-the-art facility that includes a large, high-density pixel display; immersive, CAVE-like environments; wide-area motion tracking; and haptic devices.
The Post-Doctoral Fellow will be expected to advance the analysis of data through information and scientific visualization, the creation of information rich virtual reality, and integration of haptic and tracked interfaces into visual analytics. The domains to benefit from this research include, but are not limited to, business analytics, bio-medical data, social networks, and engineering. The Fellow will also be expected to
• assist business partners of the EAC,
• support faculty and students working with the EAC,
• help with manuscript preparation,
• contribute to grant identification, application and reporting, and
• perform other duties in the EAC as required.
The successful candidate will demonstrate technical competency, a commitment to team research and quality, excellent communication skills and the ability to work with other researchers and students.
Possible research topics are:
• algorithms and techniques for visualization of data with various degrees of quality;
• algorithms and techniques for large-scale visualization and analysis;
• visual analytics methods and interfaces;
• human factors related to data visualization, data quality, and virtual environments;
• developing information-rich virtual environments and simulation.
Earned doctorate with dissertation research in an appropriate field (such as Computer Science, Information Science, or Computer Engineering) is required.
Extensive research experience with a record of publications in one or more related areas AND research experience in the following areas is preferred:
• Information Visualization,
• Scientific Visualization,
• Visual Analytics, or
• Virtual Reality.
Further information about this position and application requirements are available on the Human Resources website at http://ualr.edu/humanresources/. Review of applications will begin immediately; application deadline is February 15, 2013.