Organization and Location:
Scientific Computation Research Center and Department of Mechanical, Aerospace and Nuclear Engineering,
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY
Post Doctoral Research Associate
The Scientific Computation Research Center (www.scorec.rpi.edu) at Rensselaer is seeking highly qualified post-doctoral research associates to develop and apply automated and adaptive computational fluid dynamics (CFD) methods for multiple application areas, specifically in the areas of fluid-structure interaction, multiphase flow, and complex non-Newtonian flow.
The successful candidates will develop and implement automated computational methods, including stabilized finite element methods for fluids, complex nonlinear slip laws, non-linear structural models, and complex multiphase flow models for analysis on massively parallel computers. The successful candidates must be able to interact with faculty and students at Rensselaer in order to develop tools for attacking complex applications of interest. The successful candidates will also be required to interact with sponsors (including industry).
* PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Computer/Computational Science, or related engineering or science discipline
* Expertise in computational fluid dynamics/ fluid-structure interaction/ multiphase flow
* Experience in parallel programming and high performance computing
* Good knowledge of FORTRAN, C and/or C++ programming languages and UNIX operating system is required
* Knowledge of modern software engineering tools (such as subversion, redmine, etc.) will be considered favorably
Evaluation of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Interested applicants should send a copy of their latest CV with a cover letter or email, names of at least three references, and a summary of recent work. All applications should be submitted electronically (paperless process) via one (all combined) PDF document to: Prof. Mark Shephard, Scientific Computation Research Center and Department of Mechanical, Aerospace and Nuclear Engineering, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information on the position you can contact Professor Onkar Sahni,email@example.com, Professor Assad Oberai, firstname.lastname@example.org, or Professor Shephard.