- The Dodo (1355 Ea. 2100 So.)
- Ruth's Diner - Past the zoo and a few miles up Emigration Canyon, Ruth's also serves lunch and dinner but it is their "Famous Mile High" biscuit served with breakfast that brings most people back.
- Finn's Cafe - A tasty Scandinavian breakfast and lunch cafe.
- The Other Place (469 Ea 300 So) - One of the best places for breakfast. They also have a number of Greek items on their menu.
Lunch & Dinner
- Market Street Grill Excellent Seafood!
- The Soup Kitchen (2012 S 1100 E) - Simple great soup and sandwiches!
- Archibald's Restaurant at Gardner Village (1100 W. 7800 S.) - This is a totally Utah experience! Dine in a restaurant built inside a grain silo decorated to profile Archibald Gardener's life - and his many wives. The village includes a petting zoo and many small shops in pioneer era houses. The food is traditional American, and absolutely wonderful!
- Crown Burgers (377 E 200 S) Our own local Hamburger Chain with Greek roots. A notch above in quality, often imitated, famous for their cheese burgers piled high with pastrami. Great Gyros, rib-eye steak sandwiches, and burritos too!
- The Pie Pizzera (1320 E. 200 S. (801) 582-5700) - The U of U's Own. Heavy Duty Pizza!
- The Bayou (645 S. State Street) A huge selection of beers from all over the world and great food including Cajun classics.
- Hook & Reel - Seafood boil.
- Bucket O'Crawfish (1980 W. 3500 So.) 801-419-0800 Specializing in Cajun style crawfish, shrimp, mussles, clams and crab.
- La Frontera
- La Puente
- El Paisa Grill (2126 So 3200 W) - This is very authentic Mexican restaurant that specializes in molcajete, a hot stone mortar filled with grilled chicken, steak, shrimp, cactus strips and onions in a tomatillo sauce. Wonderful! They also have a wide range of other Mexican classics such as chili verde, moles and seafood. Live music is performed on weekend evenings.
- Red Iguana (736 West North Temple) and (866 West South Temple) One of Salt Lake's most popular Mexican restaurants.
- Blue Iguana (165 S West Temple) A cousin to Red Iguana in down town Salt Lake.
- Tony Caputo's Market & Deli You'll find no better deli in Utah than Tony Caputo's. They import the finest ingredients from Italy and Southern Europe and really put their hearts into what they do. Awesome sandwiches and lunch specials!
- Grove Market and Deli (1906 So Main) - This is one of our local secrets. Grove's is a small neighborhood grocery shop that makes probably the best sandwich anywhere! HUGE Sandwiches! They also have an awesome collection of exotic hot sauces.
- Gourmandise: The Bakery (250 S 300 E) The best cakes and pastries I've ever had! They also have great breakfasts and lunches.
- Bombay House (2731 E Parley's Way) A beautiful dine-in restaurant with great food and friendly staff. I'd take a date here!
- Saffron Vally East India Cafe (26 E. Street) Some of the best Indian food around. Great lunch buffets!
- Curry in a Hurry (2020 S State St) - This little family run business has won many Best Curry awards. It's absolutely addictive! All the curry is cooked by the mother Mona. She's great and frequently offers cooking classes too.
- Tandoor Indian Grill (733 E 3300 S SLC, (801) 486-4542) Probably the best Indian buffet for lunch around. Open on Sunday too!
- Qaderi Sweetz N Spicez Chaat House (3546 South Redwood Rd., West Valley, Utah) - A bit far for a 1hr lunch from campus, but they've got some amazing Indian food. It sits next to it's sister grocery store with casual cafeteria style seating. They sell samosas and all kinds of Indian sweet treats, but also some amazing curries, naans, and salads. I was blown away! The kitchen is open only on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- Mazza Middle Eastern Cuisine (1515 So. 1500 Ea. and 912 Ea. 900 So.)
- Kabob Stop 291 Ea. 3300 So.
- House of Tibet (145 E 1300 S Ste 409) Great food! Lunch buffet daily.
- Cafe Shambala (Tibetan) 382 4TH Ave. Lunch buffet available but if you get it to go they insist on preparing it for you.
- Sapa - Beautiful Asian cuisine and sushi restaurant combining influences from Vietnam, Thailand and Japan. Excellent food! Wonderful atmosphere with 300 year old houses imported from Vietnam.
- Pho Thin - Vietnamese Pho Noodle house.
- Charlie Chow's Dragon Grill (255 Ea 400 So) Fine Asian cuisine at very reasonable prices. Across the street from the down town city library.
- Szechuan Garden (1275 Ea 8600 So) Top quality Chinese! Awarded "Best Chinese Cuisine" by Salt Lake City Magazine and "Top 100 Restaurant" in a nationwide competition.
- Chanon Thai (300 E 900 S) Arguably the best Thai food in town.
- Indochine (230 South 1300 East (801) 582-0896) Vietnamese Bistro
- Cafe Madrid (Spanish) (2080 E. 3900 South)
- Tiburon (8256 S 700 E) - Magali's fav!
- Epic (707 E. Fort Union Blvd.)
- Franck's (6263 South Holladay Boulevard)