Halvorsen Conference Room
OverviewLocation: Warnock Engineering Building (WEB) 4640
Capacity: 10-12 persons
Reservations and support: email@example.com
Features: The Halvorsen Conference Room is equipped for meetings, web conferencing, screen sharing, instant messaging, web seminars, lectures, conferences, and one-one teaching.
The breathtaking view of the Salt Lake Valley toward the west can make this room very bright in the afternoons. The Halvorsen Conference Room is located conveniently next to the Coon Visualization Lab and the Gross Informal Meeting Space.
- Turn on the projector using either the control switch on the south east wall or using the Panasonic remote control. Push the power button once to power the projector on, twice to power the projector off.
- Next, pull the projection screen all the way down, then slowly release until you reach the desired height.
- Using the "Video Source" buttons on the control switch, make sure the input source on the projector is set to "Computer" for video conferencing, visualization, or presentation, and "Video" to view a DVD or VHS tape.
- Choose the appropriate video source using the KVM Switch. Remember to hold down the selection button for at least 5 seconds. You should hear a beep when the source has been switched.
- If you are connecting a laptop, make sure you are using the correct video adapters for your system. If you experience difficulties detecting the projector using a MacBook Pro, try using the Dr.Bott GHead II adapter.
- To send audio to the conference room system from a laptop or iPod, connect the audio input cable to the output of your device. Make sure the correct input source is selected on the Raritan KVM Switch and volume level is turned up on the device.
- For video and audio conferencing, make sure the tabletop microphones are enabled. You should see a green light, unless the mics are muted (red). It is not necessary to move the microphones, simply speak in the general direction of the mic. The echo cancellation system works best if the microphone is directly below the ceiling speakers.
- During video conferences, you can adjust the viewing angle and zoom for the room using the Canon WL-V5 Remote Controller for the camera.
- It is possible to make and receive phone calls at anytime using the ClearOne Telephone Controller Unit. During a web based audio or video conference the output of the telephone is mixed by the system, enabling remote and local users to participate in the conversation.